Monday 15 October 2012

School Update Month 9 Day 1

Today was an introductory class so we didn't do too much. This month is all about kitchen management and cooking and plating more expensive ingredients. It's basically preparing us for our final two months where we cook for our school's fine dining restaurant.

Going to be making pates, terrines and galantines tomorrow, which should be fun. We also have to finish some food and labour costing assignments, which should be easy. Last but not least, I have to create a themed restaurant menu. It's a bit odd, but I'm really excited about this assignment. I think it will give me a rough idea of a restaurant I'd like to own in the future!


2 comments:

  1. If you want to practise making pates, I'll be happy to be a guinea pig and taste them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brandon! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/14/9485/Vancouver/Tongue-Thaid.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete